We all want to feel good. We all want to feel happy. We all want to know we are doing a good job. We all want to feel appreciated and noticed and accepted. Without relying on other people to pick us up, how can we help ourselves become happier?
It’s not something I can just do in a matter of seconds. It takes practice learning how to let go of those negative emotions you’re allowing to consume your present being. It’s been a major practice for me, learning how to be happy. There’s been so much going on in my life, so many lessons I’m learning and so many tools I’m gaining. Here are some of the ways I’ve learned to help bring me more happiness quickly.
(I took this picture up north. Find appreciation and happiness in your everyday experience. Appreciate the trees and all they do for you. Appreciate how delicate flowers are and how beautiful it is when they bloom. Nature alone is a remedy for healing your unhappiness).
1. Give love
- Give love to receive love. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- I’ve never been one to want to give love to another person…..it just wasn’t in my awareness as something I could even do, because I was so unhappy within myself. I was always so concerned with where I was at, that I was oblivious to what was around me.
- Giving love fills you up with joy. When you give love, the Universe will match that vibration and that is what you will receive. What you put out, you attract. It’s the Universal Law, the Law of Attraction.
- When you are stuck and don’t know what to do, do something kind for someone else. When I’m not feeling good, I’m noticing that when I show Mike love I begin to feel better. I like to give him massages. I’m actually pretty good at it.. I’m not familiar with what kind of massage or healing modality it is, but my skills are improving the more aligned I become.
- Make someone a card, write someone a thoughtful letter, make a project for a loved one, take your animal for a walk, smile more often and show others they have a choice to be happy. You have the option, every moment, to chose again.
2. Yoga & Pranayama (Breath Control)
- Yoga is the science of liberating the mind. I’ve known for so long that yoga is what’s going to heal me. I’m stuck in my head way more often than I’d like to be. It’s been my struggle my whole life. Especially when my intuition comes through as not only a feeling but also a thought. So it gets confusing what to trust. If it’s the darkness acting spiritual, or if it’s really my guidance. I guess that comes with practicing what feeling and emotion is behind what I’m hearing.
- Building that internal heat within your body (tapas) helps to burn away impurities within your body that no longer serve you. This is something Mike has been preaching to me but I still haven’t been able to pick up on until recently.
- Yoga helps realign you with your own energy, and helps you let go of what no longer serves you. You are in contact with unhappy people all of the time, and sometimes their energy is latched onto you, or maybe you’ve taken some on without realizing it. In order to stay in your own space without allowing others to drag you down, I suggest you practice building your practice. For without it, your confusion with life is a very unhappy experience.
- With yoga, you should be practicing balance. Both your yin practice and your yang. Both are just as important to one another. Without one of them, there is an imbalance (for me personally, that is).
- Pranayama, breath control is key to a fulfilled life. Without breath, there is nothing. You are cut off and disconnected without your breath. Yesterday I began to feel a lot of anxiousness within my body. For the first time in a while, I went into my bedroom and sat on the floor and just practiced breathing deeply for a couple minutes. That alone helped relieve that anxiousness and brought on a sense of calmness over my being. It’s so powerful. I know how powerful it is and yet I still don’t practice it as much as I’d like too.
- Practice meditation and yoga in the morning first thing if you can. Stretching after being so still for so long promotes for a more fluid day. Practicing breath control first thing in the morning helps set you up for success for the rest of the day. It’s easier for you to stay with that breath when you begin as you awaken. Even laying in bed and practicing breathing deeply for 5 minutes before you get out can do you wonders.
- Get yourself up and moving. Go for a walk, go for a jog, get on a paddle board or swim for a while. Turn on your favorite song and dance. Dance in your bedroom as crazy as you want too, because no ones watching. Play with flow toys or do some yoga. Do a headstand or practice your handstands.
- Find a trail nearby, go for a walk and take pictures of Mother Earth. Connect with her. Being outside each day strengthens that connection with the Earth.
- Whenever I need a pick me up, I’m noticing how practicing a headstand for a couple minutes really does mellow me out. It flushes my internal fluids all throughout my body and helps me to feel a bit more cleansed and clear.
- Get your heart pumping! Do some jumping jacks or maybe some burpees.
Connect your flow with your breath, and use movement as a meditation
I hope some of these can help boost your happiness. There are so many ways to help pick yourself up, and only you know what that is for you. It’s just a matter of recognizing that when you’re not feeling good, it won’t last forever. You’ll soon feel better. It’s hard to remember that though when you’re in that funk. It’s challenging recognizing how happiness is right around the corner, when all you see is darkness. But trust me, it’s always okay. Everything is always okay. And everything will be okay.
You’re okay sweet one. Just keep moving forward. God is always at work.
The Universe has your back. Build your trust and practice gratitude, always.